Elysium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have Fun :D

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lesser-Known Tips

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AngeLofDeath
AngeLofDeath

Lesser-Known Tips Empty
PostSubject: Lesser-Known Tips   Lesser-Known Tips EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Reducing Lag

Having lag issues even after setting your graphics to the lowest possible settings, updating your graphics card, tweaking your graphics settings, and closing down all other problems?

This may help you.

Make sure 5Street is closed before doing this.

Go to your hard drive (Typically C:). Head to Program Files. Then to your 5Street folder. There is a nifty little program there titled OptimizePkgSys. Use it. It basically optimizes your game by clearing away all of the junk data, leaving your client smaller and sleeker.

Replying back to Private Messages

Ever get PMed in-game while dancing and you want to reply back but do not have the time to quickly type in their name or check your friend list to PM them?

When someone PMs you, press Alt+G. It will automatically let you respond back to the last person to message you.

Note: This only works if someone has messaged you - recently.

How to Turn-Off Music

Tired of hearing the music in-game or just want to listen to something else? I know a lot of people do not know this, as I am asked this often personally, so want to cover it.

Press Alt + C. Then Audio Setup. You can toggle sounds/music from there.

Other Shortcuts

Alt + E = Mail Box.
Alt + F = Friends List
Alt + Q = Dance Options. Can start/stop dances easier.
Alt + R = Saves your chat log to the 5 Street/chatrecord folder.
Alt + S = Request a song without walking all the way over to the DJ.
Alt + W = Brings up your Information Card so you can easily view your stats.

---

Not really lesser-known but I want to cover this somewhere too as a lot of players do not bother to look and/or forget about them. I know I used to because I wasn't used to the 24-hour format that the game uses.

Daily Things Every Player Should Do

All times will be Server Time - EST (GMT-5).

Quiz - 12:00 PM & 8:00 PM - Mainly do this for the Stat/Lvl Exp. You can also win items. It does not take too long either.
Lucky Draw - 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM - It is preferred if you go to a lesser-populated room at one of these locations (School, Paramount, or E. Beach). The aim of Lucky Draw is really to get 2-4x Exp Certificates, particularly the 4x. You will need them for training if you want to increase your lvl.
Jumbo Treasure Boxes - 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM [Midnight] - Most of the time you will get crappy stuff, but sometimes you can get lucky. It is worth at least being on during this time every night, even if you AFK sit on a box, especially if you are not a points buyer, as you do usually get clothing. Plus, you can obtain Fallen Feathers.
Double Experience - 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM - If you are looking to Lvl, this is a good time to do it, especially considering you can do this while participating in Lucky Draw.
Weekend Special - 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM [Only on Saturdays & Sundays] - You definitely want to make sure you are on at this time, if you want to raise your stats easier. While dancing during this time, you will gain double stat exp.

Playing 8K on a Laptop

Special thanks to FOSHEEZY for helping confirm this as I don't play on a laptop personally and my brother took his laptop with him so couldn't test it out myself.

If you own a laptop and would like to 8k on it, this is what you do...

Either:

1) Hold down Fn key the entire time and use the 7 8 9 u i o j k l keys as your numpad. Ctrl becomes your new Spacebar. Just keep Stunts from the 789 keys if you're going to do it this way.

2) Hold down Fn key only when you're inputting the arrows. Release to use the rest of the keyboard normally.

3) Buy an external USB keyboard. <-- Easiest method. Haha.

So remember...

789 789
UIO = 456
JKL 123
Back to top Go down
eAmz
eAmz

Lesser-Known Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lesser-Known Tips   Lesser-Known Tips EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 12:49 am

thankies furkee ^^..... it helped us a lot",)
Back to top Go down

Lesser-Known Tips
Page 1 of 1